I’m a few days behind on this, but welcome to 2015. It’s that time of the year where everyone talks about what they are going to change and what their goals are. For 2015, I got a big wall calendar to help me keep track of some of mine. It came in the mail on Friday (just a few days behind) and now I need to flatten it out and get it on the wall. Here I am 11 days into 2015, and I’ve already not done some things I would like to. Between work and family there has been a lot going on already in 2015. I signed up for this thing that was about focusing on your goals the first 10 days of the new year. I’m still on day 1.
With this being my 100th post, there is some feeling that it should say something significant. As I’ve thought about my goals and how I’m off to a slow start in 2015 the conclusion I have come to is this: So what? So it took me to January 11 to get some feet to some of the goals I have. That is a lot better than not getting to them at all. Just because I didn’t start on the 10 day challenge on January 1 doesn’t mean I can’t still do it. There is still a lot of 2015 that has yet to happen, and I’ve got a lot of time to reach my goals. There is no need to throw in the towel. At this point, it doesn’t even have any sweat on it from me trying.
For fun, I thought I would tell you guys what my goals are for 2015. This isn’t necessarily a full list as I’m sure I’ll create more as the year goes on, but they are:
- Stop hitting the snooze button.
- I really don’t like that I have developed this habit and would like to get rid of it. I’m going to start setting my alarm for when I need to get up and get up when it goes off.
- Have a quiet time daily.
- This will kind of work with my first goal. I plan on setting my alarm a few minutes earlier so I can get up and start my day hanging out with God. I am in no way a morning person, so this goal may take a little getting used to.
- Post on my blog at least once a week.
- I have struggled with this for a long time, and it is time to get it straight. If you don’t see a new post each week feel free to call me out. You can say something like, “Hey Nick, you lazy bum, where is a new post??!?!?!?” By the way, the easiest way to know when I have a new post is to sign up to get them emailed to you. You can do this on the right side of the page. </shameless plug>
- Read 1 book a month.
- I know some of you are thinking that goal seems a little low. I am not a fast reader. I would barely consider myself a slow reader. 9 times out of 10, reading puts me to sleep. Not because I read boring books, but because that is just how I am wired.
- Reach my goal weight.
- I’ve done an OK job with losing a bit of weight, but I have really just been in maintain mode. Part of what will help me reach this goal is my goal to compete in at least 2 triathlon this year. My first one will be May 2 if anyone wants to join me.
I am excited for what 2015 will bring and what I will accomplish. I may be off to a slow start, but I am hoping for a big finish!
until next time…
Photo courtesy of Randal Cooper